Veterans' Certificate of Appreciation

If you're a veteran or a veteran's family member, you may be able to apply for a Certificate of Appreciation. These are issued as a national gesture of thanks for military service

You can apply for a certificate if you are a:

  • veteran who served in the wars, conflicts and peacekeeping operations for which certificates are available
  • family member on behalf of a deceased eligible person

Certificates are issued for service with Australia's Defence Forces:

  • in overseas wars, conflicts or peace operations during the specified dates in the application form
  • on the home front during the Second World War

Information about who is eligible for a certificate is in the guidelines.

To apply for a Certificate of Appreciation, download and complete the application.

Once finished, send the completed application to [email protected] 

If you experience any difficulties, call (02) 4322 2400.